Homestead High School's student newspaper

Azuki Umeda

November 5, 2015

Princess Azuki Umeda, an avid dancer and participant of the school community, did not expect to be chosen as a princess.

“I was so surprised, I was shaking after Nurnberg announced our names!” Umeda said. “I was not expecting myself to be on that list, but I’m forever grateful about this and I knew it was going to be an incredible experience.”

As an ASB Social Manager, she has been part of leadership for the last two years.

“I think it’s important to smile. there’s always someone every day who doesn’t have their best days, and one simple hello or a smile to them is something I truly think is important,” Umeda said. “And positivity is so important and my teachers truly helped me have that personality.”

Junior year helped her become a better person, Umeda said, and the teachers and the friends that she met throughout the years really shaped her. Umeda would like to thank her dance friends from the Collective for how they had impacted her.

“I always do improv dances in my room and make up moves, I recently made my first solo and I was so honored to receive a national title from it,” Umeda said. “That was an incredible experience. I want to become a choreographer someday and it’s fun making up choreography.”