Homestead High School's student newspaper

Nathan Mijares

November 5, 2015

Prince Nathan Mijares, a dancer, foodie and vice president for ASB, is extremely thankful he was chosen to be part of the Homecoming court.

“I’m happy to be on [the court]. I don’t care if I win or not, I am very grateful,” Mijares said before the winners were announced. “There are so many great students here at Homestead, that it can honestly be anyone.”

Mijares said he learned how to be a leader through Leadership. It shows teachers the potential he has to become a leader and allows him to take part in classes and demonstrate his skills.

“I’m grateful and blessed that I stayed true to myself. I never want to change who I am,” Mijares said. “I’m true to myself. Even when I did find out that I was on court, I knew from the start that I never wanted to change my personality or the person I am. I don’t want to act fake or be a different person.”

Outside of school, Mijares dances at Dance Academy USA and plans to continue dancing in college. Mijares likes to go to food places with his dance friends, with his favorite being fish-less sushi. Mijares said his friends are some of the most important people in his life, as he has gone through many things in life with these people.

“We [Mijares and Cyrus Miremadi] definitely went through a lot of hardships throughout high school and our friendship together, but I think everything we’ve been through has shaped us into who we are,” Mijares said. “I’m grateful that he was there and I’m grateful and blessed that he has been a part of my life and I wouldn’t take back anything.”