Homestead High School's student newspaper

Photo by Karla Agudelo

The bargains are endless when it comes to prom

For guys:

Gentlemen. Whether it is a tuxedo or suit, here is your helpful guide to prom

When deciding between a suit or a tuxedo, note that a tuxedo is “more for prom,” senior and Men’s Wearhouse sales representative Damian Teso said, even though there is “nothing wrong with a suit.”

Step 1: “Suit up”

As one walks through the door to purchase a suit is to decide between three different types of suits: traditional fit, according to Jos.A.Bank, slim fit, according to Teso or Modern Fit, according to Men’s Wearhouse set of selections. Once the type of suit is chosen, the coat color and pants to match follow, Teso said.

Before you flirt at prom make sure to choose a shirt or two Display Of Shirts at Men’s Wearhouse to help every guy have a shirt and spare to flirt at prom.
Display of shirts at Men’s Wearhouse to help every guy have a shirt and spare to flirt at prom.

Step 2: Don’t get any dirt on your brand new shirt

One of the set of steps in Men’s Wearhouse to “customizing own look,” Teso said, start by deciding shirt style and color, which may vary depending on store. At this point it will be important to have decided whether your date and you will want to match or not. A lot of times people will come in unprepared without a photo to show customer service associates to match with their dates. It is very important, Teso said, to come in prepared for you, your date and associates’ convenience. Once a color is selected to match, it is important to decide whether you will want a vest or not, Teso said, as well as if you will want to match with either: vest, shirt, tie, two out of three or all.

My, my, there are so many great selections for buying a great tie for a great night

Step 3: Don’t be shy, buy a tie for the night

Once selected options are chosen from step two and colors then it is time to choose between two sets of ties: bow tie or euro tie (standard tie), Teso said.

Men’s Wearhouse displays select option of shoes so that you can be a shoe-in for prom.

Step 4: If the shoe fits

For a tuxedo, shiny shoes are preferred, Teso said. When choosing a suit, shiny shoes go best with tuxedo’s, Teso said, and matte shoes tie best with suits. When deciding on color for shoes keep in mind, “black’s not very flexible.” So when choosing a black suit, black goes with black, according to Real Men Real Style.

Variety of belts, as belts are a great accessory and help you to not sag.

Step 5: Yesterday’s memory, Tomorrow’s Accessory – “Wildflower” by Bon Jovi
Make prom a great memory and an accessory

After all the basics are covered such as coat, pants, shirt and tie, the rest is extra. Remember, although accessories are details and optional, every detail added adds to your originality at prom. Nevertheless, if you have already gone past set budget, do not worry — it is only one night, an important night, but one night.

The Epitaph • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Epitaph Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *