The Class of 2018 Commencement Ceremony

"If you're sick and tired of the world, turn around and lead it." Congratulations to the class of 2018 for graduating this week! Photos by @brandon.welty

By Brandon Welty

“If you’re sick and tired of the world, turn around and lead it!”

After four years of hard work and determination, the class of 2018 graduated this Thursday, May 31. Over 600 students in attendance received their diplomas. Congratulations, class of 2018!

Senior Class President Jacob Jiao delivered a welcome speech, and class officers Brandon Hong and Lindsay Takahashi introduced the Honor Guard. Senior officers Venkata Muriki and George Wen announced the class gift, which included a new sound system and a decibel meter for class cheer-offs.

Graduating with the class, teacher Liz Williams was chosen as the staff commencement speaker.

Students then received their diplomas from Associate Superintendent Christine Mallery and Board of Trustees Jeff Moe. After turning their tassels and walking off the field, graduating students took pictures with friends and family and were treated to a reception with lemonade and cookies in the quad.

Photos by Brandon Welty (@brandon.welty)

About the Writer
Brandon Welty, Senior Photography Editor
Brandon Welty is a junior and a first-year reporter for the Epitaph. He likes to spend his free time doing photo shoots for his friends and family, and he loves watching YouTube for hours alone in his room while eating lots of candy or sweet foods. His hobbies include photography, video games, writing stories, hanging...