Humans of Homestead: November 2017 edition

Inside the minds of students at HHS

By Batool Al-Jabiry and Nicole Fuller

Catherine Hansa, Junior and Ballet Dancer: “I’ve been dancing for 10 years, and I plan on continuing dance. I’m thinking of doing it professionally; my dream has always been to [dance] in Russia. They have these famous [ballet] companies, and it’s always been my dream. I’ve tried hip-hop, but it’s not really my thing. I’m pretty bad. This Saturday, I’m rehearsing for “The Nutcracker,” so that’s going to be like just seven hours straight of ballet.”

James Ratti, American Literature Teacher: “One of the best things about my job is that I don’t have to wear a suit! Because I am not a formal person. But I do enjoy the rewarding part of teaching. The routine may be the same but I will always have new experiences based on the clientele, shall we say.”

James Ratti, American Literature Teacher: “I’m trying to up my new look lately, so I’m rocking these fresh, new pair of glasses. I’ve also been wearing a lot of orange, or like I like to say, ‘Ah-range’ … Ah-range is definitely one of my favorite colors. Not everyone can rock it, quite frankly. It’s a very vibrant color.”

Stephany Orellana, Junior and Future Artist: “If I don’t take AP studio, I want to take AP 3D design. I didn’t even know that was a thing, but Ms. Dee, my teacher, told me about it. I actually want to go into an art-related major in the future.”

Stephany Orellana, Junior and Future Artist: “I’m working on some art right now for my class, 3D design. It’s my second year, the advanced class. Right now I’m just trying to figure out what I want to add to my portfolio for next year.”

Laia Menendez, Junior and Vintage Pins Enthusiast: “Oh, these pins are super cool. They were actually my mom’s from the 80s. This one is just a nice rose, and this one is a rocket ship from when she used to work at NASA.”

Laia Menendez, Junior and Vintage Pins Enthusiast: “I’m not really sure what we’re planning so far [for the weekend], but one of my friends is making waffles, which I’m really excited about.”

Laia Menendez, Junior and Vintage Pins Enthusiast: “My week has been going really well so far. I’m planning on just ending it on a really good note by spending it with some of my friends this three-day weekend.”

About the Contributors
Batool Al-Jabiry, Copy Editor

Batool is a second-year reporter for the Epitaph and is also one of the Copy Editors. She enjoys reading and writing for the Opinion section. When she isn’t panicking about deadlines, she enjoys drinking coffee, listening to soft music, and discussing politics with anyone who will listen.

Nicole Fuller, Junior Sports Editor
Nicole Fuller is a Junior and a first year reporter for The Epitaph. She is a very spirited student when it comes to rallies and is an active participant in Homestead campus life. She is a part of many clubs such as California Scholarship Federation, Indopak, and Women’s Empowerment Ambassadors. Nicole’s favorite pass time consist...